In this week’s episode, we’re focusing on the pinnacle of what every practice owner needs to know in order to run a successful practice, and it’s not what you think. Yes, we all struggle with the rules and regulations required to be compliant in this heavily regulated environment. But honestly, those elements can be taught and mastered and will remain quite fixed moving forward. However, the office personnel that you are trying to manage is another story entirely. Depending upon what phase in private practice you are in will dictate the order you need to address these issues. So, in this 100th episode, we’re giving you a better understanding of these common struggles and what you can do about them.
Episode at a glance:
- Good leadership starts with being a good listener.
- Roughly 45 visits per week is break even – set a target of 60 visits per week. You need a marketing team who can drive 12-15% new patients each week.
- If you are a family private practice (1-3 offices), your challenges are personnel onboarding and professional enhancement,
- There is a way to do an interview with the five-phase hiring system that will help you close the right candidate 80% of the time.
- The three most common challenges of multi-site owners are consistency, lack of company culture and high morale, and staff retention.
- If you treat your staff as a number, that’s what you’re going to get.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.