It’s time to live the life of a practice owner that you deserve. On this week’s episode, Brian briefly recaps his conversation with PPS president, Sandra Norby, from last week’s podcast. He discusses the importance of advancing the cause of the APTA to make the physical therapy profession the very best that it can be. He then goes on to share his seven best strategies on how to get your practice to the top 10%.
Episode at a glance:
- The three main “mental focuses” to keep at the forefront of your mind: Is my staff winning? Are my patients winning? And is my community winning?
- Always give more in value than you expect in return.
- Outsource anything that is clerical that is not physical therapy-related from Billing to Marketing.
- Get the best all-in-one EMR system for your staff.
- The most successful businesses have career development training program internally within their company that covers compliance and onboarding and professional enhancement.
- Payroll is the largest expense within your practice. Convert to a shared risk model: reward-based on production, quality and efficiency. A therapist should generate 3.5 times their expense (salary and benefits).
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.