The Story Why A PT Started His Own Billing and Collections Company
We Are Not Just A Billing Company. We Are Educators!
- Your Personal Team
You will be given a Billing Officer, a Posting Officer, and an Account Control Officer to work the aging claims and to contact insurance agencies and patients for outstanding balances.
Your Billing Officer will send your claims on a daily basis and alert you regarding issues that may hold up your claims.
- Monthly Billing Meetings
We will have a regularly scheduled once-a-month billing meeting to review the previous month's production and collections.
- Payment Posting
Posting/EOB Officer will apply all insurance payments and make an allowable adjustments necessary. We will also apply patient payments.
You ACO will work your aging claims at least one every 30 days. We will be in constant contact with insurance companies and we will send monthly statements to patients, with follow up call and payment collections.
Physical Therapy Billing FAQs
- PT billing system?
- PT Billing service?
- The system needs to be an all-in-one solution. It needs to have the EMR, Scheduling, and Reporting software bundled into one package, with no third party software. For example, if the system provides good EMR and reporting programs, but the scheduling is a third-party app integrated into their package, that's a red flag. If an issue surfaces, you'll be stuck in a finger-pointing situation.
- It should not be a "pay as you grow" system. You are the one growing the practice and the billing service company should not take a larger piece of the pie for your hard work.
- The system should be cloud-based. Cloud-based solutions provide you with a secure and compliant method of storing patient info and it gives your therapists the flexibility to access their schedule when they are not in the office.
- Finally, the system needs to be customizable. Your system should not tell you how to perform an evaluation. The system should be customized based on your practices methods.
- What is the billing rate? A billing company should be charging between 6-8% based on where your clinic is located in the United States. This rate may seem higher than other solutions, but those solutions are not providing you with the education and mentorship that MEG does.
- Should I have a fixed billing rate contract? Yes! All of our client are given a fixed rate for life.
- What other services do you provide? MEG is unique. Not only do we take care of your billing, we also educate you and your front desk staff in monthly meetings. If we can improve the efficiency of your front desk and therapists, then we both will succeed.
- Does the billing service provide monthly reports? Yes! Your billing service should be able to provide you with regular monthly reports and also reports on request. Here at MEG, we have private one-on-one billing meetings once a month to go over last months numbers and to make suggestions for future growth.
We utilized 4 different billing providers over the past 6 years and made the switch to MEG just 3 months ago. The difference is REMARKABLE! They are thorough, accurate and timely, and were able to identify errors from months ago that resulted in payment we would have never received. The importance of customer service and satisfaction is obviously instilled in EVERY MEG employee, and they handle our revenue as if it were their own. They are hands-down the best there is!
Who Is Brian Gallagher, PT?
Brian is the Founder and CEO of MEG Business Management and the most valuable asset to MEG!
Brian's Recent Publications
"Top Ten Tips in Money Matters" (March 2017)
"Established Shared Goals of Success for both Patient and Client"(November 2016)
"The Benefits of Adding a Patient Care Representative to Your Team" (October 2016)
"Ensure Your Patients Follow Through with Treatment with One Simple Task" (September 2016)
Our Solutions Will Reignite You Passion as a Private Practice Owner!
Click on the link below to set up a time for you and Brian to chat