On this podcast, Brian begins by pausing to reminisce on his realizations about becoming a true CEO with work/life balance. He inspires his audience to lead by example, evaluate what type of owner they are, and work backwards from their products to find which stats & metrics they need to accomplish them. If you’re seeking a positive change, start with yourself and learn how important stats & metrics are for PT staff management and leadership.
- Your greatest challenge in PT is always the personnel
- Acknowledge the person, and validate the performance
- Manage by statistics, NEVER by personality
- Invest in your staff both personally and professionally
- Who you are is more important than what you accomplish
- Evaluate what type of owner you are
- Don’t get reasonable with your staff
- Work from metrics/stats on Org Board
- Be transparent about why these stats and products matter
- Your accounts receivable should never be over 15% over 90 days old (Billing metric)
- Make sure your staff knows how the statistics stack up in the overall company
- Check out our limited time MEG Academy October Special!
- Sign up for our PPS Sponsored Session: “Three Secrets to a High-Performing PT Practice: Actionable Tips on Company Structure, Compensation and Personnel”
- Resources page
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.