It’s been proven time and again that success requires sacrifice. In this episode, Brian breaks down the requisite steps for achieving your goals and outlines the fundamental differences in mindset between those who succeed professionally, and those who do not. Be open-minded, willing to learn, and willing to push through what others simply won’t. It’s all about your viewpoint.
- People respond to the energy they feel around them.
- Think outside what you’re taught in PT school – don’t trust everything from academia.
- Be willing to look and solve problems creatively – like a leader.
- Reasons for going to PT school: provide the best care possible to best impact the patient’s life; and/or help as many people as you possibly can in your community.
- Learn from your seniors/mentors.
- Be transparent! You, as a manager, reflect your company. Having open comunication will result in staff retention.
- Demonstrate your willingness to sacrifice to the degree that’s necessary so that people are confident in your commitment to your goals.
- Put a Career Development training program in place in your clinic to show your staff you care about their professional development. This is what most professionals want.
- Ask yourself: Is it an employee problem or an employer (you) problem?
- Admin is JUST as important as treatment.
- Don’t let it be “just a job,” make it a game!
- Rule: have a status sheet that illustrates what they (employee) are accountable to perform, and what you (employer) are accountable for in return. Then, for the first 90 days, hold brief follow-up meetings to make sure everything is going smoothly – open communication!
- Create the company culture where people matter.
As always, thank you for listening – if you like what you heard, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts or whereever you listen to our podcast. Our purpose is to give you information to help you be successful in private practice. However, if you’re looking for more personal attention, please contact us to schedule a free practice assessment call.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.