Have you ever felt like you were walking on eggshells around your staff? Or, maybe you felt like you needed to think twice about what you wanted to say to a staff member for fear of upsetting them, or worse that they might quit?These are all symptoms of a bigger problem. They show a lack of leadership and lack of confront. There are only two ways you can be and only one of them can exist at any one time. You can either be in control and be at cause over what is going on and what is being done by you. Or, you can be the effect of others and what is going on to you.
Episode at a glance:
- Lacking self-confidence is the main reason for a lack of leadership and lack of ability to confront others.
- Take on the viewpoint that it’s a game. You need to know the components of the game, and you need to know your opponent – hint: it’s not the office down the street and it’s not your staff.
- Know how to build respect based on discipline and integrity.
- Time is the most important commodity.
- Hold your staff accountable with good manners, good communications, and good policies and procedures.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.