Every office we’ve worked with that has an HR professional on stafff, we’ve noticed a culture of fear among the staff. The overwhelming majority of these offices are mom and pop offices. In this podcast, Brian strives to make bring these truths to light on how to confront them in his usual no-nonsense and honest fashion.
- When an HR professional is present, no one is comfortable. Get the fear in your office out of the way – the overwhelming majority of owners are good, trustworthy people.
- The information needed to have effective and legitimate HR policies is available to you, or have someone on retainer to consult when you absolutely need this information.
- Attend conferences such as PPS and CSM, take good notes, and study and you will get the information that you need.
- Have a systematic and consistent onboarding program, as well as a compliance officer.
- You have to know how to handle employees who aren’t aligning with group morale or company culture. This starts with being honesty and clear communication.
- There has to be accountability and consequences for insubordination.
- you can not manage over disagreement, you can not manage when someone doesn’t have the shared reality that they are apart of a team.
- Have solid systems of acknowledgement and validation. Your staff meetings should be 50% acknowledgment, 50% enhancement and professionalism training. You owe it to your staff to ensure they are growing personally and professionally.
If you have questions about this or anything else related to your practice, please reach out to us in order to set up a time for us to talk about what’s on your mind. Getting some answers to your questions might have an immediate effect on what you can do right now to improve your quality of life in private practice. We have the depth of knowledge and experience to help you customize a solution that will meet your individualized needs so your practice can thrive.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.