When you think about toxic employees, you have to first consider how they become a problem in your clinic. This week, Brian talks about the red flags to spot toxic employees as well as how to avoid hiring them in the first place with our five phase hiring system.
Episode at a glance:
- Understand how to recruit and hire the best with the five phase hiring program – starting with the ad that you write, reviewing resumes and screening each candidate with a phone screen to learn about them – don’t sell them on the position.
- Your role as the CEO is to lead, educate, and motivate.
- Toxic clinical employees can be spotted when they start talking about money, or when they step outside their lane.
- The status sheet establishes the package for employees as well as the what the performance expectations are for them to provide.
- 10 minute meetings with your staff each month helps to ensure they feel enriched, validated and acknowledged.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.