When you think about toxic employees, you have to first consider how they become a problem in your clinic. This week, Brian talks about the red flags to spot toxic employees as well as how to avoid hiring them in the first place with our five phase hiring system.
- There are four keys to business success and personnel is the most significant of these four keys.
- Understand how to recruit and hire the best with the five phase hiring program – starting with the ad that you write, reviewing resumes and screening each candidate with a phone screen to learn about them – don’t sell them on the position.
- The most significant question you ask a candidate is if they can accept the role.
- Your role as the CEO is to lead, educate, and motivate.
- Toxic clinical employees can be spotted when they start talking about money, or when they step outside their lane.
- The status sheet establishes the package for employees as well as the what the performance expectations are for them to provide.
- You need to recalibrate expectations otherwise you are managing over disagreement.
- 10 minute meetings with your staff each month helps to ensure they feel enriched, validated and acknowledged.
Worth Checking Out
For more information on this topic or anything else please reach out to us in order to set up a time for us to talk about what’s on your mind. Getting some answers to your questions might have an immediate effect on what you can do right now to improve your quality of life in private practice. We have the depth of knowledge and experience to help you customize a solution that will meet your individualized needs so your practice can thrive.