This week we’re talking about three leading women in private practice. We’re talking with Jacqui Broering, PT, MPT, owner of Performance Physical Therapy in Ohio; Jennifer Schneiders, PT owner of Outbound Physical Therapy in Jefferson City, MO; and Angie McGilvrey, PT owner of Apex Physical Therapy in Fort Myers, Florida.
We were thrilled to chat with these three incredible owners to round out our women in business series and hear about their experiences, what led them to practice ownership and how they overcame challenges in conquering the unknown.
- Entrepreneurship and the desire for control over life and time led these owners into practice ownership.
- Live your life at cause than at effect. When you’re at cause, you’re in control.
- No one was motivated by money to go into private practice. The motivation was to be a part of a greater purpose.
- Surrounding yourself with people who will help you thrive personally and professional is critical for anyone who undertakes business ownership.
- MEG works to eliminate the poison pill or the lack of certainty and confidence and communication. Once you understand those three things, there is nothing you can’t do.
- You need to enhance your skills in order to get where you need to go – you need training. Training includes repetition, engagement and has accountability.
- There is a difference between men and women and the sense of pushing the limit. Don’t hold yourself back from achieving your goals and vision.
- You don’t have to have a buddy to jump into practice ownership. You can do it on your own with coaching and assistance but you don’t need a partner.
Worth Checking Out
We are doing everything we can to continue to advocate for our profession including helping owners learn what they can do to counteract these efforts. If you want to learn more about how MEG can help your practice, contact us today or schedule a free, no obligation, practice assessment. We hope to see you all at PPS later this month!
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.