Earlier this week in a meeting with my management team, I was looking at the Zoom screen and noticed how I’m surrounded by such accomplished, talented women. I mentioned this to them and how I felt that this was such a positive advantage for our company. We started talking about the US Women’s National Soccer team and realized it’s about having a platform. That’s how change gets started.
This is about having an opportunity to look at your female colleagues and empower them by giving them the opportunities and investing in them so they can maximize their own potential. This week we’re talking about looking at those around and empower people without any preconceived notions. Invest in those people so they can flourish and prosper to the greatest level of their ability.
- Think about what you’re doing today that’s holding you back from who you want to be tomorrow. We all have justifiers as to why we’re not asking more of ourselves.
- Don’t let your ego get in the way – you don’t need the answer to everything and not every decision needs to come to you. As an owner, it is job to empower every member of the group.
- It takes caring about how those around you are winning personally and professionally this helps establish loyalty and trust.
- Have the right leadership team around you. These leaders should communicate with your team on a daily/weekly basis from appreciation and validation.
- It’s all about personnel – you can not manage over disagreement. Are you empowering your staff? Or are you suppressing them?
- You have the opportunity to gain agreement from your team when they feel they’ve been heard and you’ve acknowledged them first.
- Be willing to be patient with your staff members as you invest in their training and development.
You too can enhance your executive team by investing in them to enhance their abilities. If you want to learn more about how you can invest in and enhance the skills of those around you, contact us or schedule a 1-on-1 practice assessment.