There is a lot of noise in the digital marketing space. It’s going to take 7 touches from your practice for people to remember your brand. While many owners we talk to know the importance of marketing and know the concept of marketing is important, they lack the management of marketing to really be successful. Meaning, the lack of accountability and management over this area is going to hold your practice back and hold YOU back from the living the life you dreamed of when you opened your practice.
So what can YOU do about this? How can you differentiate your practice? We’re talking with MEG Marketing Director, Heidi Schmidt and MEG Regional Marketing Manager Scott McCutcheon about some marketing strategies that will help your practice get found and win in the digital marketing space that will benefit both your internal and external marketing efforts.
- Doing it yourself keeps your practice small. You need someone managing your marketing – whether you outsource it, or have someone in-house.
- Tracking your marketing efforts starts at the front desk. You need to know where new patients heard about you from – whether it was a doctor or their neighbor across the street, you lack the information about what’s working and what’s not without this.
- There is a lot of noise in the digital world. Heidi and Scott talk about standing out in this space and how it’s all about consistency.
- We dive into online reviews and why they matter. Asking patients for testimonials and success stories serves one purpose but you need to be getting those patients to share their experiences online as well.
- SEO 101. Heidi and Scott educate us on getting found online and why your website and your online reviews matter for this. Hint: if your business is not optimized for Google, you’re missing out on 85% of all web searches.
- You can not ignore main street marketing. Building relationships with other businesses, referral sources. For startups, you should start doing this 8 weeks before your projected opening date.
- Majority of your patients should be return business (45-65%). What is return business? Word of mouth, someone who was referred by a previous or current patient.
- Winning Marketing Strategies Webinar
- Episode 37: Internal Marketing & Social Media Best Practices
- Marketing Tip Sheet
As always, we love hearing from you all. Tell us what’s working for your marketing efforts. If you’re interested in learning more about our outsourced marketing management solutions, contact us today or schedule a free 1-hour practice assessment to tell us what’s going on in your practice.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.