If I had to say what the top three reasons are that people call me it would be: marketing, personnel, and billing related issues. Almost everybody believes that they can do better in business if they have more new patients. Unfortunately, these people don’t know that almost all problems associated with the practice can be traced back to lack of leadership, lack of knowledge in that area, and/or the inability to confront others.
In podcast episode 49, I laid out the four types of owners and made the case that how you approach your practice and the people associated with your practice is what will have the greatest impact on your practice’s success. Every successful practice owner that I’ve ever met understands that they have four main responsibilities and everything else outside of that is simply a distraction.
Consider outsourcing your accounting services, legal services, and billing services so that you have more time and attention to spend on the four key elements to running a successful practice. Getting stuck in the weeds of billing and collections, tax write-offs and deductions when you can hire somebody else to do that for you take your eye off of all of what’s truly important. That is creating the ideal practice for your staff, patients, referral sources, and the community at large.
- Learn about the four main responsibilities as an owner
- Approach marketing with the spirit of play. Remain up-tone on everything you do.
- Stop micro-managing this area. Set the targets and provide the training necessary to get your product. Learn to delegate and hold in accountability.
- How to approach marketing in the spirit of play and build that internal culture for staff and patients – be fun. Everyone wants to be where the fun is.
- You NEED to have an annual marketing program that ties directly back to your business strategic plan based on the numbers.
- The value of a patient care representative. This person will generate 20 times earnings if properly trained and held accountable.
- The three main areas to focus on for building the ideal environment for more return business are company games, team building activities, company culture building actions.
These are all successful actions that you can use immediately inside your practice that will result in you getting more new patients on a consistent basis. To learn additional strategies, contact us or schedule a free, no-obligation practice assessment call to chat with Brian about what’s going on in your practice.