Most physical therapy owners will discover that throwing more time and effort at their problems is not the most effective way to reach a resolution. It’s in the sequence of steps that actually need to be taken from knowledge and experiences based on past results that will provide the greatest resolution.
We recently delivered a workshop at PPS during pre-con to help private practice owners build their practice with innovative technologies and personnel engagement strategies. We asked the 50 owners in the room to write down what their most common challenges were that they wanted to confront. In addition, after engaging with these owners and our clients, the MEG team came together to discuss what the majority of our practice owners stated as their top concerns.
In this episode, we’re going to dive into the top 10 questions and share advice and answers to those topics.
Episode at a glance:
- How mastering the building blocks of agreement with communication is what relationships are built on.
- Employee incentive programs or profit sharing programs and best practices for bonus systems, specifically for marketing, clinicians and front desk staff.
- What features to look for in an EMR system.
- Stategic plan metrics and how to implement metrics into your practice.
- As an owner, what should you pay yourself and what are some business expenses that help with lowering taxes.
- Salary caps and bonus structures for employees and for the clinical director, front office staff.
- How to incentivize your therapist and motivate them to build long term loyalty.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.