We are excited to welcome Dr. Heidi Jannenga from WebPT back onto the podcast! In this episode, Heidi and Brian dive into the major trends and highlights from the robust and collaborative State of Rehab Therapy Report that the WebPT team recently published. Join us for a compelling conversation on employee retention & compensation, company culture, and the direction of the physical therapy industry!
- The State of Rehab Therapy Report is like a plan of care for your business
- The physical therapy profession’s turnover was roughly 9% in 2021 (about 3x the healthcare industry!)
- Telehealth did not stick
- New grad and practice owner disconnect
- Employee retention strategies to reduce recruitment efforts
- Business advancement is not a ladder. It’s a jungle gym
- Gamification opportunities
- Thinking outside the box? No, throw out the box!
- Student loan payback solutions
- Pay-for-performance model
- If you’re not growing, you’re shrinking
- 20% of your income should come from cash-based services
- You’re a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Act like it!
Explore WebPT’s The State of Rehab Therapy Report in 2022
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.