Have you considered opening your own private practice? Did someone push you to make the decision (or try to dissuade you)? Are you chasing the money? There is a lot to consider, but you have to get back to your purpose. Get educated and learn what you can expect in starting up.
- 60% of your patients should be coming from return business
- Know who you are
- Out-create yesterday
- Don’t play other people’s games
- If you can’t envision it, you can’t do it
- There’s no room for risk aversion
- 17 – 21 step process to start up
- It’s what you don’t know that will hold you back
- Practice ownership is a marathon, not a sprint
- Never stop learning
- You have to spend money to make money
- 4 Types of Owners
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.