I know we did an episode on this topic recently, but we have more to say! This is especially relevant for all of our existing clinics out there. Don’t be the therapist who just “happens” to be a practice owner. Establish a viable and expanding practice that adheres to your policies.
- You have to be willing to look
- SOP’s create certainty
- Ask yourself what you can do to 1. Lead 2. Educate 3. Motivate
- Wear your CEO hat – know when to outsource
- Nurture your employees, referrals, and patients
- Make sure your planning is in place (Business Strategic Plan)
- Reduce confusion and increase efficiency with:
- Onboarding checklist
- Firm Policies & Procedures
- Hat Folder
- Monthly Staff Meetings
- Don’t compromise your values
- Put your staff first
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.