Where do you find dedicated, loyal and accountable employees? Let’s discuss step by step the recruiting, hiring and retention process to learn how to attract the best team players to your thriving private practice company culture.
- Employees are seeking leadership and stability
- For recruiting use APTA website lists, Indeed.com, Facebook Ads, Word-of-mouth, staff referral programs
- Don’t be desperate
- Be interested versus interesting
- 3 Types of Therapists:
- New Grad (0-3 out of school) looking for continued education
- Advancing (4-9) looking for opportunities to advance
- Veteran (10+) looking for flexibility
- 5 Phase Hiring Process: 1) Ad writing/resume review 2) Phone screen 3) Interview day 4) Formal interview 5) The Close
- Never a negotiation, always a conversation
- Let your staff have a conversation with the applicant
- Acknowledge and validate for good staff retention
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.