This is one we’ve wanted to cover for a while. Tune in for a conversation on soft skills, personnel management, and how to be an effective middle manager. There’s no need for you to guess – tune in for an action plan on how to successfully manage as a clinical director.
- Are you making time in your week for self-improvement?
- Important traits for CD’s: 1) skill sets as an executive 2) personnel management skills
- Situational ethics do not exist
- Establish your Policies & Procedures, Compliance program, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Clarify products & establish how you will measure them
- Consider the art of your communication
- You’ll never be able to manage over a disagreement
- 5 Phase Hiring process
- Be willing to experience anything
- Anticipate, Adapt, Apply
- Acknowledge and validate your people
- Suggest a Pay-for-performance model for the practice
- Get your payroll under 60% of your monthly income
- PT’s do NOT 1) Schedule or 2) Bill
- 85% or greater clinical efficiency
- Performance reviews
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.