Get ready to take notes. Brian delves into the meat and potatoes of how to get into an insurance contract, how to renegotiate your contract, and how to build relationships and communicate with insurance companies so that you have what you need to provide the best care to your patients.
Episode at a glance:
- You have to consider the Hybrid Model (20% of your revenue through cash-based services)
- Be a business owner first, a physical therapist second
- Differentiate yourself from other providers in network
- Negotiate that you get paid at least the national average
- Make the case: Isn’t having more options in town a good thing?
- You have to first establish a relationship
- Communicate how physical therapy is different
- Let them know you have a Compliance Officer
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.