Talk about PTs helping PTs! This week we are honored to interview Dr. Larry Benz, CEO of Confluent Health for a riveting discussion on employee management and communication best practices. Learn how to nurture the ideal company culture for the entire team in your clinic.
- Larry’s definition of Company Culture: How you behave, think and act when the boss is not around
- Culture needs to be nurtured
- Employees these days want: 1) a career 2) a cause 3) a community 4) communication
- Be creative in your forms of communication
- Repeat your message for duplication
- Ask them to respond with what they learned
- Logic leads to conclusions, but emotion leads to action
- Normalize discomfort – push your boundaries
- Cognitive skills take deliberate practice
- Observe how people respond to you
- Observe how much time you spend with your best people
- “Give me five” exercise
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.