We once again welcome Compliance Expert and DPT, Daniel Hirsch, to the podcast to discuss the necessity of having a Compliance Program in your practice. Here’s the secret: NO division of your practice is safe from violation in Compliance (and the penalties are steep!). Therefore, you must take responsibility by getting educated on how to stay compliant – be proactive and prepared.
- People are not allocating enough time to Compliance
- People are not coming out of PT school with enough Compliance knowledge
- Get a tailored program to your practice’s needs
- For staff and patient safety – you need a Policy & Procedure Manual
- Safety is the new normal
- Checklist to build out Compliance program
- Don’t rely on memory to remember guidelines
- Must be ongoing and constantly updated
- The laws are always in flux and vary state by state
- Compliance touches every division of your practice
- “Friends and Family” policy can be non-Compliant
- We tend to ignore the things that we don’t understand
- The fines add up very quickly
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.