Brian starts this podcast with a wake-up call to his listeners to get them back to the core of personal integrity in the practice. He then delves into the meat of what you need to know for Telehealth. He uses the APTA as a resource to support the value of Telehealth and to communicate the to-do list for implementing it during the pandemic (and even beyond). Remember, if you want to be the best practice in Telehealth, you need to ask the right questions.
- Owning up to your mistakes builds character. Your word means something
- Stand by your commitments
- Exchange in abundance (with your patients AND staff)
- The APTA does support Telehealth – through the pandemic and beyond
- Do the research on your state’s policies and position on Telehealth
- Call your liability insurance & malpractice carriers to make sure you’re covered for Telehealth
- Consent for Telehealth isn’t just a signature – the patient needs to be fully informed. You need to keep your Compliance and ethics in
- HIPAA privacy & security MUST be held in with Telehealth
- There are plenty of studies that demonstrate that Telehealth services are as effective and successful as hands-on
- Share with your staff that you’ve done your homework on Telehealth
- Compliance and Telehealth go hand in hand, so check out our Ethics and Compliance Program For Your Private Practice created in partnership with compliance expert, Daniel Hirsch!
** Master MEG Academy members receive special pricing for August! **
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.