This week we are once again addressing the topic of Compliance rules and regulations, policies & procedures – arguably the weakest area for most PT Owners. Never fear, this stuff isn’t rocket science! More times than not, folks run into trouble innocently and accidentally simply from a lack of knowledge of the regulations. As PTs, we know you want to do the right thing and help people, so learn what you don’t know to avoid inadvertent mistakes.
- It’s what you don’t know that gets you into trouble
- It’s best to have a committee with a Compliance Officer and regular meetings – you need a team approach
- DH: Formalize a process of onboarding. Detail and record this process.
- Your employees need to understand what the standards of practice are
- You cannot force someone to get a Covid test
- Make sure you’re emailing securely
- DH: You can’t just make up your own rules, you are obligated to follow your contract.
- You cannot induce a referral
- LMS (Learning Management System)!
- It’s all about risk management
- It costs far less to take preventative measures versus facing a problem/breach
- Cybersecurity is very important
NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
For more information on Compliance, pre-order our new “Ethics and Compliance Program For Your Private Practice” created in partnership with compliance expert, Daniel Hirsch!
Save 15% if you pre-order the course by August 1, 2020!
Tune in this week (Thurs 7/30) at 1pm EDT for our live Zoom Chat with Nicole Walczack:
“Restructuring Your Business Model to Thrive Post-Pandemic”
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.