This week we are once again addressing the topic of Compliance rules and regulations, policies & procedures – arguably the weakest area for most Private Practice Owners. Never fear, this stuff isn’t rocket science! More times than not, folks run into trouble innocently and accidentally simply from a lack of knowledge of the regulations. As physical therapists, we know you want to do the right thing and help people, so learn what you don’t know to avoid inadvertent mistakes.
Episode at a glance:
- It’s best to have a committee with a Compliance Officer and regular meetings – you need a team approach
- Your employees need to understand what the standards of practice are
- Make sure you’re emailing securely
- You cannot induce a referral
- It costs far less to take preventative measures versus facing a problem/breach
- Cybersecurity is very important
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.