Today, let’s talk about how to put in an ounce of prevention to avoid a pound of pain. Again, we did not go to school for this. On this podcast, Brian reminds his audience that Compliance is mandatory and is constantly changing – it is your responsibility to get the correct data and to stay on top of it. Tune in to learn what policies & procedures you need to put into place in order to apply Compliance to protect yourself, your patients, and your practice.
- We are empowered by the freedom of knowledge
- Be a critical thinker
- If you’re a fully compliant Medicare clinic, you’re compliant across the board
- There is a difference between teaching and training
- PT private practice providers are federally required to be implementing a tailor-made Compliance program
- 9/10 of the practice owners we meet are (perhaps unknowingly) Non-compliant
- You need a Compliance policy in place so that you don’t apply different rules to different staff members
- You need to assign someone to dictate these policies (Compliance officer, committee, etc)
- PTs are essential workers, so make sure you get medical clearance before returning to work after travelling
- As of right now, Gmail is not compliant – make sure the service you use is fully encrypted
- For more information on Compliance, pre-order our new “Ethics and Compliance Program For Your Private Practice” created in partnership with compliance expert, Daniel Hirsch!
Save 15% if you pre-order the course by August 1, 2020.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.