Today, let’s talk about how to put in an ounce of prevention to avoid a pound of pain. Again, we did not go to school for this. On this podcast, Brian reminds his audience that Compliance is mandatory and is constantly changing – it is your responsibility to get the correct data and to stay on top of it. Tune in to learn what policies & procedures you need to put into place in order to apply Compliance to protect yourself, your patients, and your practice.
Episode at a glance:
- We are empowered by the freedom of knowledge
- If you’re a fully compliant Medicare clinic, you’re compliant across the board
- There is a difference between teaching and training
- Physical therapy private practice providers are federally required to be implementing a tailor-made Compliance program
- 9/10 of the practice owners we meet are (unknowingly) non-compliant
- You need to assign someone to dictate these policies (Compliance officer, committee, etc)
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.