We’ll say it again: “it shouldn’t require a policy for us to be doing the right thing.” Yet, in light of what we’re seeing nationwide, we found it necessary to reevaluate how to appropriately handle personnel and practice anti-discrimination in physical therapy. Let’s confront this issue to make a safe space for everyone, and learn how to enforce zero-tolerance for discrimination using firm policies in your practice.
- Jack up your professional ability to confront these issues.
- Everyone should have equal opportunity to reach their goals, both personally and professionally.
- Just because you haven’t personally experienced it, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.
- Create your documented policies on Rocket Lawyer.
- Get these policies in your P&P manual.
- Keep these areas of Compliance in check – training.
- There is no room for hate in our profession or our world.
- 5 Phase Hiring Program
- Have zero tolerance for “bad apple” employees – the thorough hiring process.
- Create an environment for everyone to succeed.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.