On this week’s podcast, Brian reiterates that this is the BEST time to evaluate every personnel move the practice owner is making as they start to bring their people back. Be respectful, open-minded, and real with your staff. He reminds that in order to be a good CEO and gain trust, you have to live by your commitments and show through actions that you are trustworthy! Tune in to learn how to effectively manage your personnel as a respected leader.
- Reengineer your practice to align with your new company culture.
- Be yourself and show the real you (transparency!). Be willing to compromise.
- Hire REAL people! Try to get past the “best foot forward” and straight to the real person. Don’t just hire the resume.
- Build work relationships based on TRUST.
- Respect comes from those who can hold the line of accountability.
- Invest in your staff’s education – it’s the one thing that can never be taken away! (Consider an internal LMS system!)
- Share your vision with your staff, and get their participation in it! The best-tasting cake is the one that you participated in making.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.