This week, Brian attempts to break from the ongoing drama by addressing what a practice owner should know on the topic of leadership. He steers the focus away from the minutiae of how to spend your PPP money (we’ve been talking about this for a while) and more towards stabilizing your business in terms of training, organizing and developing to emerge from this pandemic stronger. Everyone is contending with this situation differently, so Brian encourages his listeners to proceed with humility, empathy and respect.
- If you have PPP money but not enough for your employees to do, INVEST in their training and education!
- Education is important, but there’s always room to strengthen your application skills
- Do not strive to be “right” at the expense of another
- Post your new safety procedures so your patients feel safe
- Diversify your perspective
- As a PT, you should aim to provide an abundance of care to every patient
- Do not compare hardships, but strive to practice empathy
- Re-evaluate your company’s structure! It will need to accommodate the new environment coming out of this
- Change your practice strategy!
- Re-calibrate your staff’s focus to your new goals!
- COMMUNICATE with your staff – use a Status Sheet!
- Now is the time to change EVERYTHING
Tune in to our next live Zoom Chat this Thursday (4/30) at 4:30pm (EST)!
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.