On this podcast, Brian dives into what is needed from a physical therapist’s perspective for a very important division – Billing & Collections. He explores the benefits of going with a smaller PT billing group, and how to get to the bottom of the problems you could face in your billing – as PTs weren’t trained to do this! In order to have the best billing service and the best practice, you need to take responsibility and be “at Cause” over your billing.
- Taking what your billing dept. says for 100% true, is the first mistake you could make – unless you audit
- Always ask WHY something is the way it is, and get the facts
- Inspect your finance line at least twice a year
- Monthly staff meetings with Finance Dept. is key
- We operate this department with a high level of communication
- It is in your best interest to put your billing in the hands of professionals who do exclusively physical therapy
- Don’t ever let one person be accountable for everything in this department
- Do you have the expertise to do your billing? If not, think of out-sourcing
- If you’re paying 9%, you’re paying too much
- No overhead with out-sourced billing!
- Do not fix other people’s errors – send them back to the person who made it for them to fix
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Article from Impact Magazine: Click Here
- FREE Billing Assessment form: Click Here
- Tune in to our live Zoom Chat on Thurs (4/16) at 4:30pm (EST), where we will be joined by key members of our Billing Team! We will share a link on our Facebook page on the day of the zoom chat.
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.