We’re getting right down to it today folks, starting with this fact – PTs DO NOT BILL. In this podcast, Brain covers how to extinguish misunderstandings and misconceptions that may exist between new grads/staff and their Owners. As always: be transparent, communicate, and seek the facts for yourself.
Physical Therapists DO NOT bill – we have nothing to do with Billing!
- Codes are a digital format of your narrative note so that the carriers’ systems can read and interpret what was done with their clients
- Practice your craft of PT ethically
- It all starts with the interview & onboarding process
- You must have company structure (and thereby Compliance) in place
- Give your new hires confidence in you as a leader
- Keep your administrative duties IN
- Maintain and update your Policy & Procedure Manual (P&P). Actively use it to run your practice
- The individual can only truly succeed after the group is successful – be able to measure this success!
- Inspire your therapists to give an abundance of care
- Designate a Compliance team (with a Compliance officer) to avoid any issues in your practice
Brian Gallagher, PT is the founder and CEO of MEG Business Management, LLC. He has more than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation and 19 years in business and specializes in Physical Therapy practice management and executive coaching nationwide. As a licensed business management consultant, Brian has helped hundreds of business owners nationwide improve their business operations through proper restructuring to achieve improved systems of efficiency and productivity as well as marketing and sales with effective public relations which have proven results for double-digit growth year-over-year with businesses around the country.